Thursday, February 26, 2015

Decorating A Small Cupboard

I have a small hall cupboard that was built in a nearby shop, that sits in my dining room.  It is narrow, and I use it to hold candles, and some of my small lamps, etc.  It is always so much fun to decorate, and since it is so small, it provides a quick way to get in a little creativity.

I've been adding a few touches of Spring here and there, trying to hurry the season, I guess.  So I will share the current look for the top of the cupboard.


I kept the quilted runner that has been on for a while now.  It fits the top perfectly.  I placed a bottle I decorated, underneath a cloche, along with a small bible, a strand of pearls belonging to my MIL, a flower, and a small lamb.

Since I am using the Ball jars on the mantel, I redecorated the old blue sewing machine drawer by placing an old thrifted platter, and a small Limoge saucer inside the drawer, then added a jar I painted turquoise, and stuck a peony into it.


Then I placed this (also thrifted) plate on a stand, to blend in with the other items.  I stuck to a pink/blue theme for the top of the cupboard, and featured pink flowers on several items.

I can look at this display and know that spring is on its way. Have you found a spot or two for spring décor?

Sharing at the links below.  Be sure to click on the links and enjoy all the great ideas of other bloggers.

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels