Shabby Chic Mason Jars


My Grandson's wedding was this past Saturday, and my daughter asked if I would decorate for the rehearsal dinner on Friday night.  Since the wedding was casual, we decided to use mason jars as vases for the centerpieces.  I took a trip to Michaels, and bought clear pint and quart jars to use. On Wednesday, I took all my goodies to my craft area in the basement, and got busy shabbying the jars.  I used both chalk paint, and acrylic. After putting one to two coats on the jars, I distressed them using a sanding block/sponge.  Then out came the tidbits to dress them up.

I have pastels, and warm colors.

Quart jars (above)
No two are exactly the same.

Pint jars (above)
I kept the silver band on some of them.


These were very economical to make by using paints, and embellishments I had on hand in addition to the few new ones I purchased.  Some of the jars got 2 coats of paint, but most got only one.  I wanted the light from flameless candles used in some of them to show through the paint.



These are quick to do, and so easy.  You can see below, how they looked on the tables.

Prior to Rehearsal Dinner


Table above:  I used both large and small jars along with flameless candles for the centerpiece for the Bride and Groom's table.


The other tables recieved only one jar.

Centerpieces for Reception (below)
Made by the florist!

I has not checked to see what was being used for the reception, but surprisingly enough, they were very similar.  In fact, so much so that we used mine to camaflauge a tv that was in one of the reception rooms!  Even the flowers I used were almost identical to those the Bride chose, and we hadn't discussed it.

In a day or two, I will show you what I did with the jars after the wedding.

I'll be sharing the wedding with you when I have some photos for you to see.  It was a beautiful ceremony!!

Sharing here:

Projects Inspired

Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com


Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 

         Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life        
              Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home





Popular Posts