Shabby Chic Sunroom Makeover for $6.00

WARNING, PICTURE OVERLOAD!!


I think this makeover probably has the most impact of any I have ever done.  Y'all know I'm cheap frugal. Real frugal.  I will stretch a dollar as far as it will go!!

One of my favorite consignment shops has moved to a new location, so I went to see the new store yesterday, and of course I had my mind on finding something to get my junkin' fix.  And find it I did!!  I was looking through their vintage linens, debating on some of them, when I looked on top of the display and saw this fabric, tied up with twine, price, $5.99.  So I grabbed it.  I could tell there was quite a bit, and once I got it home, I opened it up, and estimated it to have about 5 yards.

I knew immediately what I would do with the fabric.  I would use it to give my sun room a little makeover!

I have had two twin sheets draped at the top of the windows in there for several years, probably 10!  I've often thought of doing something else in there, but just hadn't done it.  Now is the time!!

This is what the windows looked like with the ugly sheets at the top.
BEFORE

I have long been tired of the hunter green cushions on the wicker lounge, and the mismatched cushions in the rocker.

LOUNGE, BEFORE

ROCKER, BEFORE

Knowing I wouldn't have enough fabric to make everything I wanted to I decided to use one of the twin sheets I had used above the windows for the back of the cushions.

Last night, I measured and cut the fabric to make the valances, and got them sewn and put up.  Aah, better already.  I made them narrow, because I didn't want to hide the view, or the wonderful sunshine that streams into the room in the mornings.


This morning after breakfast was over, I spread the sheet I had laundered on the bed, topped it with the fabric, and got busy, measuring and cutting to make covers for the cushions.

Here is the lounge with the new cushion covers.




The rocking chair looks so much better!!

 You can see part of the green sheet used for the bottom of the cushion, but that's fine with me.  I like the contrast.



 I made an envelope cover for the small cushion.


I had a little of the floral fabric left, so I made some accessories to go in the room, including a runner for the oval turquoise table.........


......placemats for the table; I already had the pink checked table cloth.  The place settings are 2 depression glass plates, topped with pink Rachel Ashwell shabby chic napkins, with white rooster napkin rings.  The arrangement is a consignment find from several years ago.






 The door I recently painted got a new location behind the lounge chair.
I also placed a metal sign above the windows.  It is one I painted with ASCP, and distressed.




So there you have my $6.00 makeover of the sun room, and the bonus is it is welcoming Spring!!  I am pleased with the new look, and am sure I will enjoy it!

This coming week will be a busy one.  Several appointments, with the week culminating with my Grandson's wedding on Saturday, March 14th.  I'll see you after that!

Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm
Talented Tuesdays Link Party
         Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life        
              Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
              Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...