Sofa Table Makeover

I bought this sofa table back in the 80's.  I've always liked it. Like everything else, it's resided in every room of the house, at one time or another, and at the old house as well.  Most recently, I used it on my side of the bed, as a bedside table.  I use a BiPAP machine, so I require a good sized space on the night stand.  I just never really liked the table used for that, so I decided to swap some tables around throughout the house.

I'd also been rolling the thought around in my head to give this table a makeover.  While shopping at JoAnns recently, I picked up a couple bottles of the Folk Art, Home Decor Chalk Paint. One of the bottles was Adirondack White, so I painted the table with it.

First, I moved the table into the breakfast room.  This room gets lots of light from the sunroom.



I removed the drawer knobs, and gathered my supplies.

As usual with chalk paint, no sanding or priming was required, so I got busy painting.
 This chalk paint doesn't 
provide the same coverage as ASCP, and I really needed a little more than I had, but until I can mix up some chalk paint of my own, I'll use a runner on top.

I had planned to place it in the entry from the foyer to the dining room, but it took up too much room near the front door.

I placed it at the windows in the dining room. Even though close to the dining table, there is plenty of room to walk, pull out the dining chair, and  get a vacuum cleaner in the space, and hey, it's a new place to decorate!!!

After playing around with the objects on top, I have it ready for spring!!

Love this old clock.



Of course I had to shabby it up a little.

I plan to put another coat of paint on the top.


I kept changing the vignette until....... 


finally,
.....I have it like I want it for now, I think!
Maybe???

Sharing at these linkups:

Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm

Updating Old Tables & Lamps

I've been busy for a couple of days making some changes to some of my small tables and lamps.  Both are easy DIY projects that don't...