Friday, April 10, 2015

A Spring Wreath for the Front Door

I had a garage sale last Friday, and sold a lot of my wreaths, practically gave them away, but I was so tired of storing them, and I had WAY too many!  But I sold one that I had meant to use to make a new spring wreath.  So I went today and bought supplies for a new wreath for the front door.  I bought a grapevine wreath, pink burlap wired ribbon, 2 pink roses, 1 pink tulip, and a wood letter "M".  I probably have around $15.00 in this wreath, but it was very easy to make.  I painted the wood letter first, white, then I streaked it a little with pink craft paint. I placed the pink flowers and bow on the wreath, glued on the letter "M", and hung it on the door!  I went to visit my daughter, and when driving back into the yard, I decided I didn't like the wreath as it was.  So I came in and raided my stash and added the white roses!  Ahh, better.  It just looked too sparse with only the pink flowers.

 Sorry I didn't take pictures of the wreath without the white.  But you can imagine it withoug those roses, and see that it was too empty.  I used hot glue on the pink roses, the letter, and the bow, but the white roses are just tucked into the wreath.

That's the good thing about using grapevine wreaths.  The decorative items can be just tucked in between the vines.



I've been on a PINK kick recently.  Seems like everything I do includes pink in some way!  Do you find yourself being attracted to certain colors at certain times?  I've always done that.  When I go clothes shopping, I'll get home, and discover that I've purchased everything in a particular color without even thinking about it.

Do you make your own wreaths, or buy them?

Sharing here:

Simple and Sweet Fridays http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com/
The inspiration Gallery at The Craftberry Bush 
Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters Stuff
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal