Thursday, April 2, 2015

Master Suite ~ Frugal Update

Six yards of fabric, about 3 hours time, and I have updated the master for spring!

My husband has his grandmother's rocking chair.  I've shown it before.  I made a pillow for the back of the chair, and covered the seat a couple of years ago, using fabric I had in my stash. It was a brown corduroy, and served the purpose, although it wasn't very pretty.  Lately, I had started laying a quilt or throw over it to hide the brown.

Before

So with a few yards of fabric, I made a pillow cover for the back, covered the seat, recovered the small foot stool, recovered the vanity bench in the bath, made a set of tiers for the bath, and made 2 envelope pillow covers for two throw pillows.

Here is the chair makeover:

After
(The painted fire screen is hiding MANY cords, and my gallon of water for my BiPap machine).  :)



Here is the little stool that I recovered.  It had the cover below prior to the makeover.

Before

After


Before of vanity bench


After of vanity bench



I made curtains for the window over the bath tub out of the same fabric.


(picture made at night, so the blue in the fabric looks less vivid)

I covered the two unmatching throw pillows for the bedroom.



Pillows (envelope)

 I've recently updated the sunroom for $6.00 by buying fabric at the consignment shop.  You might remember that here.  If not, check it out!

Here's a peak!!


For a frugal makeover, update your accessories with new fabric. 

Sharing here:

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels