Monday, May 4, 2015

Use it Anyway!

I bought these two candle holders several years ago at Kirkland's.

(fall mantel, 2013)

I like the color, but decided I would paint them with some chalk paint I need to use.  I have an area in the basement where I do my projects.  After the candle holders dried, I started up the stairs with them and a few other objects, and as luck would have it, one of them rolled off the tray I was carrying them on, and broke!! Blah!  Not to be outdone, I figured out a way to use it anyway!!


The bottom base area was the broken part (into a million pieces), so I just poked it down into this metal urn, and used it anyway!! Of course, the candle won't be lit with the flowers around it. But I still got my dining centerpiece, just not in the way it was originally planned!! Not ideal, but as often as I change things, it won't matter!!

The pedastal is one of my first blogging projects, made by gluing a candle stick to a wooden cheese plate.





The side table is also decorated in turquoise...


....on the bookcase

Do you improvise, and use stuff anyway?? 
Linking here:

Inspiration Monday @ Refresh Restyle
Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm

Adsense Ad