Decorating with Plates

My sunroom is my shabby chic room.  I showed you here where I updated the room for $6.00 worth of fabric I found at the consignment shop.  I was able to do so many things with that piece of fabric.

In keeping with the pink/shabby chic look, I decided to hang various plates above the windows in the sun room.  Any plate with pink roses, is fair game for a spot above the windows.




 This lovely platter was found at an antique shop for $5.00.  








This is an enamelware pie pan that belonged to my MIL, so I put it inside the frames above her jelly cupboard.


I have another plate somewhere that is extremely old, and belonged to my grandmother.  It's among other dishes, and I need to go through them and put it up on the wall too.  All these plates have been purchased at various times from consignment/antique shops.  None of them are very expensive, but they make a distinctive impact on the room.




Do you decorate with plates?  It's a really frugal way to dress up an area on your walls.

Sharing at these lovely parties:


Show and Share @ Coastal Charm

Popular Posts