Thrifty Bedding Find

Recently, my daughter, granddaughter and I went to the Hens Nest Consignment shop and did we ever find great bargains.

She found a white duvet and shams, Queen/King for $35.00, and I found a quilt with matching shams for $33.00!  She bought a most unusual table/shelf made from old doors, that I will share with you soon.

But first, here is the pattern of the bedding I bought.



It will be suitable year round, and I am using it in the guest room.  I had been on the lookout for bedding for this room for a while.  So I grabbed this up!  I love the colors, and it is in a taupe room.  I considered moving the picture over the bed out of the room, but decided to let it stay.  The frame is actually a window frame from my grandmother's house, and I love having it in the room, so it will stay.






I added the green vases to the dresser, to bring in a little more green.  These vases are from Kirkland's and were originally a dark brown, then aqua, now green. Spray paint is my friend!!


I placed the magnolia on the bird stand beside the bed to tie in with the magnolia in the picture above the bed. This candle holder is from Kirkland's several years ago



I decided to use the paper white floral arrangement because it just seemed to look good here.









This chair is a consignment find from way back.  I paid $10 for it.  
The pillow is from the same consignment shop as the bedding, but I've had it for a year or so.  I now have a whole new look for $33.00.  My kind of thrifty décor!!  You don't have to spend a lot of money to get a new look in your home.  Check out the consigment shops.  You never know what you will find!


Sharing here:

Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm


Don't be shy, leave a comment below and let me know what you think.  


A Simple Dollar Tree Christmas Craft

Here is a simple craft you can do for $4.00 by using items from the Dollar Tree. You will need: 2 Christmas gift bags of your choice, th...