Upcycling Old Doors and Windows

Today, I'm sharing an entry table/shelf made from an old door.  It belongs to my daughter, and she bought it at the consignment shop that we visit frequently. I showed you here, where she decorated her porch for the summer in patriotic decor.  She's using it in the interior of her home as well.


If you look closely, you will see that the back is made from 1/2 of the old door, while the shelves are each made from a single panel.

It is a heavy piece of furniture.  Notice the different columns used as support.



View from the side.

Here you can see the old window with a flag painted on it hanging just above the table.





The flag sign, and the "pray" below were painted by my granddaughter and granddaughter-in-law.  They found old wood scraps among the trees at the edge of the property, and cleaned them and painted them.

We were so excited when she bought this. A gentleman in the parking lot of the store helped us tie it into the trunk of my Lincoln.  (We had a truck and SUV at our disposal, and that day I chose to drive the car)!!  Typical me!!

The piece was already painted and distressed just as you see it.  

Isn't it interesting to see what people are doing to upcycle old doors and windows? They really come up with unique items.  


         Home and Garden Thursday
 @ A Delightsome Life        
 Home Sweet Home 
 Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Friday Link Love @ Cottage & Vine
Farm House Friday @ Knick of Time
Vintage Inspiration Party @ Knick of Time
Shabbylicious Friday @ Shabby Art Boutique

A Minimalist I Am Not

I really, really meant to  keep fall decorations low key this year, fewer, more neutral, yada, yada.  Did I?  No!  I keep bringin...