Fall Decor for the Hall Tree

I spent several hours one morning last week,  trying to get the fall decor on the hall tree in the foyer to look like I wanted. After several tries, I finally liked it well enough to stop tweaking it.

First I removed everything I had on it.

before

I swapped out everything on it including the lamp.  I decided to use this really old one.  I do like this lamp though. Alot!


Do you remember these lamps?  I think some people used to place ruffled cloth shades on them.  When were these popular, maybe the 70's?


I kept it simple, the lamp, a brown metal vase with fall flowers, a book with rust, orange, and green colors, and this owl.

 after
Then I hung this wreath I decorated the other day, on one of the hooks, and called it finished.

On the bottom shelf, I placed a long brown wooden container filled with fall leaves and pumpkins.

That's it, nothing too over the top.  Just a simple theme that will last through Thanksgiving.  

I think this lamp works the best of any I have tried on the hall tree, so it may have found a new home.

Sharing here:
Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Tuesdays at our home @ Our home away from home
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm



Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...