Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Easy Fall Décor

As I've mentioned recently, I'm trying to not over decorate for fall this year.  After 3 months of bright oranges throughout the house, it can get a little overwhelming.  I've placed more subtle decorations around and called it done.  Today, I will share some of those areas with you.

In the dining room, I've used this old gallon glass jug that I got free at a moving sale.  I've used it for spring and summer, and for fall, it holds 2 stems, and a raffia ribbon tied around it.  I love its simplicity.





A touch of fall was added in the breakfast area by simply sticking a couple of fall stems and a sunflower into the silverware/napkin basket on the top of the cabinet.


Nothing says fall more than a sunflower.  I love it next to the texture of this thrifted basket.


The corner cabinet holds this fall spray, also a frugal find.

Just simple additions to these areas, say fall without being overpowering.

Later I will share a simple fall tablesetting in the dining room, and soon I'll have pictures from our exterior paint job. Maybe one more week will finish that project.  I'm anxious to share it with you.

Sharing here:

What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
         Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
              Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
 Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Shabbylicious Friday @ Shabby Art Boutique

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels