Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Fall Curtains in the Family Room

Recently, I showed you how I used fabric table cloths in the dining room for curtains.  I am loving them, so much color, nice looking, and frugal!!


They are 102" long, and hanging them above the transom requires 95", so I simply folded 7" to the back, and clipped them to the rod.  Easy, peasy.

Well, you know since the dining and family rooms look into each other, I decided to purchase 2 more table cloths to hang in the family room.  The required length in there is only 84", so I cut off 16" and pressed the top down and clipped them to the rods in the family room.


I only hung two in the family room, even though 4 could have been used since I'm hanging them on 2 sets of french doors. We don't use these doors to enter/exit the room, so they act as windows instead.  I decided that hanging one on each end of the family room doors would ground the drapes, and match fine with the dining room.


 View from the front door.


I'm still very pleased with using these as curtains.  I have around $40 in all of them, and I'm not complaining.  The beauty is, when I'm tired of them they can come down, and no worries about expensive drapes not being used!!

Thanks to Debbiedoo's for the idea!!


Sharing here:

What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
         Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
 Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home

Adsense Ad