Sunday, September 6, 2015

More Fall Décor~Keeping It Simple

Fall is showing up in nature in NE Georgia. The maples are starting to put on a show of their own.


I've been gradually adding a few more fall touches to the house, still trying not to over do it.  I've got the fall curtains (tablecloth) hanging, so they bring most of the color.  I'm just adding a few more touches here and there.

I visited a couple of consignment/antique shops on Thursday, and found some nice items.  My favorite is this pretty table runner.


It is embroideried with bittersweet vines, and the reverse side is equally as pretty.

I found this in an antique shop that I had never visited.  It is a huge store, with many booths,  a little expensive for my frugal ways, but I couldn't resist this runner.


It's the perfect fit for the breakfast table, so I added this wood compote that I updated, as the centerpiece.  I placed brown gift bag filler in the compote, topped that with the bittersweet ring, added the dollar store ceramic leaf dish, and filled it with acorns and squash from my fall stash.  That's it, very simple.


In the booth where I found the runner, the vendor had all kinds of fabric pumpkins. Even though, I have some that I've made, I picked up this one there.  There were many different fabrics, but I like this one in tan and white.
They were reasonably priced at $5.  I don't know how the stem is made, but it seems to maybe be made from a brown paper sack.  At any rate, I think it looks pretty sitting on this colorful book.


I'll be back in a couple of days with some more décor.  How are you decorating for fall this year?  Are you going all-out, or keeping it simple?


I'll be linking up here:

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels