Sunday, September 13, 2015

Vintage Lamp Gets a Frenchy Makeover

I am crazy about lamps!  I have so many, but that doesn't stop me from buying more.  Especially when they are a good price, and have a beautiful shape, and are one of your favorite colors, and VINTAGE!  How could I pass it up??  And for $6.00!!


This lamp is not perfect, with its partially glued on base, and its stained shade.


Not to worry, though.  I knew I had a shade at home that would work fine with this sweet lamp!

I bought two of these shades some time ago at WM, and they have made the rounds on various lamps.  It is a perfect fit.


The french script, and the fleur de lis tag I made, give it a snazzy look!


 I think it's a real beauty!!  I added a fabric flower I made to the top of the shade with a mini clothes pin.

 It sits on the bookcase that I painted with Old White chalk paint, with the turquoise back.  It blends in nicely!



I'm so proud of this frugal lamp!  I just love it!!

Did I throw the original stained shade away?  Not on your life!!

I "fixed" it with some jute/lace ribbon, some jute twine, and a scrap of white burlap ribbon, and a hot glue gun !!  It found a new spot on another lamp!




The texture added to the shade works fine with this small lamp. 

So there you have it.  That's how you give a thrifted lamp a new look, and make over a badly stained shade.