Monday, October 12, 2015

Lots of Stuff Going On

Good Will Shopping, Frugal Finds, Switching Lights, New Swing Cushion

I found the prettiest garland at a consignment shop, and knew it would look great on the hall tree.



It was only $7.99, so in my price range!


I found a bag of fall potpourri for $2.99.  I love the colors, the variety of items, and the scent is really subtle, so it works great on the table in the family room. It's beside the lamp, and below my gallery wall.  I've switched out a couple of pictures, so now they all show houses, or gardens, except for the one with "love" verse on it.




I tweaked this vignette by adding the cloche with a brown pumpkin inside.

The table on the front porch got a little change also.  The live yellow mums were not looking good, so I pulled these matching pots out of my stash to replace them, then hung this banner on the trellis using mini clothes pins.


I found this wonderful antique book at Good Will, $4.94.  It's at least 99 years old!!
 Front


Looks like it was a Christmas gift in 1916 to the Vandorerr Family.  Isn't that neat?  Look at the penmanship!!


The book is in really good condition.  This is a picture from inside the book.


Another score from Good Will is this rooster/hen??? Loved the color, so it came to my house.  $6.96

Pendant lights above the bar.


If you have can lights that you would like to switch out, Lowe's has a kit that just screws into the bulb socket. They are around $20.00, and you buy the shades separately, so you can go whatever price you want to on the shades.



We changed ours out because we were climbing on the counter top to change bulbs, and decided that is MUCH too dangerous.  By replacing the can lights with the pendants, we can reach the bulbs to change them, and I love the light they give off.

I finally received the cushion for the swing on the screened porch.  It is such a good quality, and is super supportive and comfortable.  I got it at Replacement Cushions.  You send your measurements, and choose the fabric you like and they make it after they receive your information.  It is so much better than the cushions you buy at the big box stores.  It has 6 ties, and fits the swing to perfection!!



That's a recap of what I've been up to in the last week or so.  Hope you are having a great fall season.  It's cooler here today, and just gorgeous outside.


Our pole barn

Sharing here:

Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Tuesdays at our home @ Our home away from home
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm