Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Making an Autumn Tree

I'll just go ahead and admit, I got this idea from Debra at Common Ground, and had everything I needed to do this, so I'm sharing with you.  Her LED tree looked so pretty, I just had to make one, too!  That's what we do in blogland~we get inspired by something another blogger does, and make our own.

If you have an LED tree, you can easily make one of these.  I got mine several years ago at Kirkland's, and to be honest, it has spent most of its time here, in the basement on a shelf.  It's kinda long and awkward, and that makes it a little hard to use.

To make the tree, I simply took a fall stem from the Dollar Tree, and a package of glue dots and after cutting the leaves from the stem, used the glue dots to hold the leaves on the tree!  Easy and frugal, as well.

I decided to place it in the clear gallon jug I scored for free from a moving sale, and then I placed it on the hall tree.





I also made a bow from a roll of Dollar Tree ribbon, and attached it to the top of the jug.

It reflects nicely off the mirror on the hall tree.



Thanks to Debra for the inspiration.  I shopped the basement, and have a new decoration.
I think it would be fun to write something we are thankful for on the leaves.  That would be a fun activity to do with children.  Maybe Rheagan and I will work on that one evening after school!

Hope you are inspired to do some frugal decorating!

Thanks for your visit, and come back soon. I'm still moving things around, and trying to move out some of the "stuff" in various rooms.  I'll be sharing soon.


Sharing today's post here:

What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Share Your Style
         Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Lif
              Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
 Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Shabbylicious Friday @ Shabby Art Boutique