Sunday, January 3, 2016

Post-Christmas Thrifting and Decorating

All the Christmas décor is put away, except for a few pieces that will work as "winter décor".  Plus, I've been thrifting some this week, and have found some neat items.

I got a Reader's Digest Condensed book and this table cloth (square) for a total of around two dollars and change.  The color code for the week was yellow, and both pieces happened to be yellow tagged. This is the tablecloth.



I found two houses for my Snow Village Collection.  They were 1/2 price at the consignment shop, I think around two dollars each.

On the hall tree now (above)

They had a Dickens set at 1/2 price (around 12 dollars), but I wasn't crazy about it so I decided against it.

These items were also from the consignment shop.





These ornaments that I can leave out anytime, a snowman towel, birdhouse ornament, snowman, the two houses, and the nativity scene doily under them, all for around $12.00.  I'm back in the thrifting swing!!  

Now, on to my winter decor.................
 My coffee table vignette (above).  Paperwhites and candles.


 My winter mantel.
 This clock was a wedding gift from the jewelers where we bought our rings.
Our granddaughter in law, Rachel, made this sign for us for Christmas.

 Dining room table


 Shot of living room from the dining room.


I've had a good week thrifting, and have redecorated my house for the winter months.


Adsense Ad