Curtain Panels for Pennies, literally

I recently shared with you how I found all this fabric at Good Will on Senior discount day, and paid less than $6 for all this.

Notice the three off-white pieces at the bottom of this stack. Combined, there was enough of this to make 8 curtain panels for our bedroom.  I have already used the blue/burgundy/rose fabric in the center to make a slipcover for a chair. (below)


There was less than a half yard of scraps when I finished the panels. I could use those scraps and make tie-backs. Someone had started a project using this fabric. It had masking tape on areas that were folded down.  It all came off fairly easy, and I was able to make it work.  I'm not sure what the makeup of the fabric is; it has a stretchy feel, a canvas/denim look and texture.


 (please excuse the lighting in these photos, it was cloudy and raining when they were taken).
Our master adjoins the sun room through the french doors shown above.  I used sheers there as well,  for added privacy.




This is my husband's grandmother's rocker.  I covered the bottom with a piece of the linen fabric.

Out of the fabric I purchased, there is a large linen piece in off-white that I will be using as a table cloth once I hem it.  I got 2 nice size runners from the lot as well.

Since I was working in the bedroom, I redecorated the top of the armoire.

The frame on this picture isn't a frame at all.  It was part of a window that had fallen to the floor when we found my grandmother's old house some time back.  You can see that here.  This piece was laying on the floor, so I "borrowed" it in order to have a piece of her house.  It fit this print perfectly.  It has no glass, but that doesn't bother me at all.  My grandfather built their house in the late 1800's or early 1900's, and although it is in major disrepair, parts of it are still standing.

I think you will agree that I certainly got my money's worth out of the fabric.  I'll share the other pieces once I get them made into projects.

If you use remnants of fabric for your projects, check out your Good Will for great bargains.  When you have so little invested in your projects, it's not a problem to get rid of them when you want a change.

Happy bargain-hunting!!

Sharing here:


Thoughts of Home       
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Shabbylicious Friday @ Shabby Art Boutique

A Minimalist I Am Not

I really, really meant to  keep fall decorations low key this year, fewer, more neutral, yada, yada.  Did I?  No!  I keep bringin...