I used a wide acrylic brush for everything except the flowers. I painted them by dipping a Q tip into the white paint and making circles.
My husband asked where I was going to put the door, and I told him I didn't know. Rather than having to put hangers on the back, I looked for somewhere to lean it. That place is on top of the hutch in the dining area. I moved the basket of ferns over and leaned the door beside it. Then I placed the wire chicken with eggs in the vignette.
I had mixed too much of the lighter green, and didn't want to waste it, so I looked around for something else to use it on. This piece has sat on top of our dresser for a couple of years because I really didn't know what to do with it. It was dark brown with metal copper colored swirly things in the sides. I had exactly enough paint to give it a coat on the outside, and dry brushed the metal inserts.
I'm using it to hold cook books that belonged to my MIL. I don't know why I never thought of this.
It fits perfectly on the hutch and adds a spot of interest to the entire hutch.
Also while in the painting mood, I painted 'frames' on these two rose prints.
The hubby is taking me Good Will hunting tomorrow!! Whoo-hoo!! I've been having withdrawals. I went to one in a nearby town, but it left a lot to be desired. Prices were higher than normal, and not much in the store. I'll share any treasures I find.
Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Tuesdays at our home @ Our home away from home
The Scoop @ Confessions of a Plate Addict