Still Nesting

We've finished almost all we planned to do at the lake home, so today, still in the mood to be creative, I took a cabinet door that was removed when we installed the dishwasher, and my two bottles of chalk paint, and got busy.  First I painted the entire door in Moss Chalk Paint.  Then I mixed some white in with the Moss and got a lighter green.  So with the darker green as the background, I used the lighter green to paint the border of the door, and the stem and leaves for my white hydrangeas.


I used a wide acrylic brush for everything except the flowers.  I painted them by dipping a Q tip into the white paint and making circles.



My husband asked where I was going to put the door, and I told him I didn't know.  Rather than having to put hangers on the back, I looked for somewhere to lean it.  That place is on top of the hutch in the dining area.  I moved the basket of ferns over and leaned the door beside it.  Then I placed the wire chicken with eggs in the vignette.

I had mixed too much of the lighter green, and didn't want to waste it, so I looked around for something else to use it on. This piece has sat on top of our dresser for a couple of years because I really didn't know what to do with it.  It was dark brown with metal copper colored swirly things in the sides.  I had exactly enough paint to give it a coat on the outside, and dry brushed the metal inserts.


I'm using it to hold cook books that belonged to my MIL.  I don't know why I never thought of this.


It fits perfectly on the hutch and adds a spot of interest to the entire hutch.





Also while in the painting mood, I painted 'frames' on these two rose prints.


The hubby is taking me Good Will hunting tomorrow!!  Whoo-hoo!!  I've been having withdrawals.  I went to one in a nearby town, but it left a lot to be desired.  Prices were higher than normal, and not much in the store.  I'll share any treasures I find.  


Sharing here:
Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Tuesdays at our home @ Our home away from home

Popular Posts