Friday, August 12, 2016

Prettied Up

A few years ago, I bought a bird cage on clearance at Lowe's.  I already had this plant stand.  It had been on the screened porch in one spot or another ever since.



I decided it needed to be prettied up.


I placed paper towels over the birds as best I could, sat the cage inside a plastic bin, turned on it's end, and sprayed with white spray paint with primer that I already had in my stash.  

Next, I uncovered the birds, and using a long handled artist brush, I gave them a new coat with acrylic craft paints. 

Once everything dried, I brought it into the sunroom where I discovered that the bottom will unhook, so I added a birds nest I already had.

Then I tied a ribbon around the top and attached a tag with a fleur de lis.


Much brighter and prettier to look at.  
What have you prettied up recently?

Sharing here:

One More Time @ One More Time Events
What To Do Weekends @ Crafts A La Mode
Sunday





Adsense Ad