Thursday, August 18, 2016

Simple Tablescape in Green and Gold

I was thinking that I haven't done a table scape in a long time. I had this table cloth on for quite some time, and the huge tool box as a center piece, filled with blue mason jars.  It was time for a change.  I kept the table cloth with it's pineapple design.  It's reversible, but I love it on the lighter side.  Next I layered a fabric remnant I got in a bag of fabric from GW, and used it as a short runner.  So far the colors are gold and green, two colors that are prominent in the room.

For a centerpiece, I placed faux succulents and grass into a chicken wire basket from consignment.

I like the lightness of the centerpiece.

I chose a gold charger, green dinner plate, and a white salad plate as the dish ware. All from different sets, but the colors I wanted to use.

I chose 2 napkins, solid green, and green and gold plaid, then used a pewter hammered napkin ring to tie in with the silverware.

The stem ware is some my husband had, and has a diamond like design on it.  I used it because I like it. :)

Here you can see the tea cart we recently found antiquing.  I still haven't ordered casters.  They are quite pricey, and I haven't given in, but I will, eventually.


This view is from the hall way toward the living room.

This view is from the other end of the room near the windows.  You can see the china cabinet, and parts of the living room.

View from the hall way.

A favorite shot of this room.  I have plans to paint the lower half of the room in a taupe color, Pisma Dunes by Benjamin Moore. 

 In this shot, the table cloth reminds me of lace.

 I only set 4 places, six seems too crowded.
 Place setting.

By using green and gold, I can easily transition into an autumn design.

Looking into the living room.

Hope you enjoyed this tablescape, and will be inspired to set a table of your own.  I will share here:

   Thoughts of Home    
Shabbylicious Friday @ Shabby Art Boutique