Saturday, August 6, 2016

Sitting Pretty

I found the neatest old chair at Good Will the other day.  It was only $3.93!!  I had to bring it home.  I had planned to sit it on the porch to hold a fern, but the more I looked at it, I decided I wanted to keep it inside for a while. It reminds me of chairs we had growing up.


Look at the seat.  I don't know why it has holes in it.  I wonder if someone just repaired it with whatever they had.  You can see where the nails had been moved too.  I'd love to know its story.


This is the design on the back.  I know it would look great with some chalk paint, but I'm liking it just the way it is.


I placed it in the breakfast nook.



This spot just didn't do it justice, so here's what I did.

I moved it to the other side of the room, then shopped the house to decorate it.

This scarf came from Good Will (of course).  I go through the scarves looking for those that would make a good runner. They are less than $2.00.  This one is doubled, so you can see how long it is.

I kept the Willow Tree pillow, and added my red (GW) rooster, and a pot of succulents from my screened porch.  (The pot holding the succulents just happens to also be from GW).



I placed it under the shelf and the only thing in this whole display that didn't come from Good Will are the small roosters on the shelf, the doily and greenery. Everything else.....well you know.  :)  This display gives a little nod to fall, not that I'm tired of stifling heat or anything like that.  

I still can't believe I only paid $3.93 for it!!  Isn't it a sweet find?

Sharing here:
Vintage Charm
Sunday’s at Home @ My Soulful Home