Monday, September 5, 2016

This Fall's Mantel Reveal

I've used blues on the mantel for quite a while.

I like using the large frame, and the shutters have been every color in the rainbow.


I had added a few items for fall, but decided this morning I wanted a whole new look.  The best way to change everything is to remove it all.

First I painted the other side of the shutters which were red to Pisma Dunes, a taupe color used in my house recently in the stair wells and garage walls.

Once they dried, I added small screws into the top so I could hang from them.


 I added milk glass and pumpkins, and 2 small rings of orange berries.
 But the $3.93 painting I found at Good Will became the center of attention.

 I like the shutters in taupe, and the milk glass gives off a bright white.

That's the mantel for this year, and I really love the colors, and the lightness of it all.
I'll be showing other areas of the house soon.

Sharing here:
   Thoughts of Home    
Shabbylicious Friday @ Shabby Art Boutique