Changing & Rearranging

If you are like me, you can't leave well enough alone!  I've been busy tweaking my fall decor.  Sometimes, you just have to keep at it until it looks like you want. That's what I've been doing in the dining room.

Last week I added color to the table by incorporating fall dishes with those already in each place setting.  I just wasn't satisfied with the centerpiece or the runner.

I decided to remove the bowls, switch out the napkins, add real white pumpkins, switch the runner, and do a new centerpiece. So realistically, all that I left from before was part of the dishes, and the tablecloth.

Here are the changes I made.


BEFORE

Note, runner, and center decor~centerpiece needs to be elevated.
With addition of fall dishes, later bowl was removed.



After changes made, this is the place setting
I also switched out the glasses.

 I added burlap pumpkins from the dollar tree.  They blend well with the runner.
AFTER


For the center piece, I brought out a square pedestal cake plate, the wood cake plate from Good Will,  that I made over, placed this vintage teapot with fall picks on top for height.  


 Centerpiece







View from family room into dining room.

 More shots of the dining room.  In the photo above, you can see its proximity to the front door.



My DIY black velvet pumpkins got a new location.


I added a bright flower to this old clorox bottle for a spot of color.

I'm much happier with this centerpiece, and the other changes.  I'll be sharing at these link parties:
Clicking on these links will take you to other blogs where you can click on thumbnails for more inspiration.


Totally Terrific Tuesday @ Sweet Parrish Place
Tuesdays at our home @ Our home away from home
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 


A Simple Dollar Tree Christmas Craft

Here is a simple craft you can do for $4.00 by using items from the Dollar Tree. You will need: 2 Christmas gift bags of your choice, th...