Friday, October 7, 2016

Decorating With Old Bottles & Vintage Books

The top of the drop-front desk is decorated with old bottles and vintage books.  I enjoy finding these items and using them to decorate.  They add interest and sparkle to vignettes.


The desk top is narrow, so books and bottles work well to decorate it.


I may have shared these Good Will finds with you before.  The bottle with the pink tassel is my favorite.  The front of it is etched with white.  It resembles some I found online called Horchow bottles.

Who could resist the crystal decanter?  I'm on the look out for a stopper for it.


The covers of these books are the perfect colors for the fall season.  I'm sure the two orange ones are from Good Will, but I'm not sure about the brown one.  It's very old and is Shakespeare's Masterpieces.
Here I have placed colorful books in a wood box on the table with the orange cloth.
At the lake house I've grouped these old cook books in this container, and use this to decorate the hutch.  (hutch has been painted blue and white since this photo).




Here, I've included a vintage Clorox bottle in a fall vignette.

I love these small decanters.

Don't forget to look for old bottles and books to use in your decor.  They make great accessories, grouped together, or alone.

Sharing here:
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Handmade Hangout @ Too Much Time 
Sunday’s at Home @ My Soulful Home 

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels