Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Embellishing Ceramic Pumpkins

Today, I'm sharing ways to decorate white pumpkins.  Thanks to  Oriental Trading Company for providing these.  These pumpkins are the perfect size, and are quality ceramic.  They look great left as they are here, but I chose to embellish mine. These pumpkins work in great with my decor this year, because that is about all I've used to decorate for this fall season.  Last year, I had a thing for scarecrows, this year, pumpkins!!
So, you don't have to do anything to these because they look fine right out of the box. You can simply paint the stems. However, I chose three very simple designs to decorate mine.

First I used Antique Copper and Gold metallic craft paints to paint the stems.





Who doesn't like polka dots, right?  That is a very simple design that anyone can do. I used a stencil sponge, dipped it in paint, and pressed on the pumpkin.  I used metallic paints in gold, and chocolate bar.

The smallest pumpkin was painted with Antique Copper metallic paint.  I had a couple of fails with this one.  I tried to decopage paper napkins on it, took that off.  Tried stenciling leaves on it, painted over that!  I like it best like it is now.

The largest pumpkin was decorated by simply adding stickers I had in my craft supplies. These are the puffy stickers and I placed them all the way around the pumpkin.  Very quick and easy.



I think the pumpkins add interest to this corner.  They make a great vignette with this plant and vintage bleach bottle, thanks to the folks at Oriental Trading for providing them.



Among the items I received from Oriental Trading is a large galvanized pail, slotted mason jar lids, pillows, corks, and other items, items that lots of us use in our decor.  You'll be seeing those in future vignettes, and decorating projects.  If you haven't bought or made your halloween costumes check out the ones offered at Oriental Trading.  They have wonderful Halloween and fall decorations as well as a fabulous selection of Halloween costumes for children and adults.  Check out their lanterns in 3 different colors while you are there.  Do yourself a favor and click on any of the links above.



All the products I received from Oriental Trading are of high quality, and are as advertised on their website.  I can't wait to share everything with you!  Everything was packed so well, and I was like a kid at Christmas, opening the boxes. What a treat!! Thank you, Oriental Trading Company!  I've enjoyed working with you on this project.



 Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. Fall merchandise was gifted to me by Oriental Trading Company, in exchange for this post. All opinions are 100% mine.






Adsense Ad