I knew when I found the print, I would use it to make pillow covers for the sofa and love seat in the family room. I had forgotten the gold remnant, but when I got home and put the print fabric in my fabric stash, I saw how well they coordinated.
I made a mental note of that, and yesterday, decided to get busy and make my pillow covers. I decided to use the print for the front, and the gold for the back of the pillows.
First, I ironed the two remnants, so they would be easy to cut.
Next, I measured the 4 pillows for which I wanted to make covers, and gathered my supplies together.
I use my mother's old hoosier cabinet (bottom) to cut out my fabric when I sew. It's a nice flat surface, and one more scratch to the enamel top won't hurt it.
After I got my fabric cut to size, I sewed them together. I had a small stack of scraps, and I'll save those for my next rag quilt.
Here are the finished products. I also had enough fabric to make a runner for the coffee table.
The runner can also be reversed.
Shabbylicious Friday @ Shabby Art Boutique