Thursday, November 3, 2016

New Vignette for Hall Tree

I made a trip to Good Will, and came away with some beautiful treasures, and decided to use them to change the decor on the hall tree.

This is the 'before' of the hall tree.

I moved these items to other areas of the house, and used my new found treasures for an update.

'After' of hall tree.


I like the muted palette shown here.  I found matching pictures, the tureen with lid, and the leopard pumpkin all at GW, and all for $11.00 plus change.

I grabbed the pumpkin as soon as I saw it.  You just don't find these at GW, especially in season, so for less than $1.50, it was a no-brainer.

The tureen is in excellent condition, and is dated 1982.  The pictures had been $29.99 originally, and I got them for just over $3.00 each.

Here is the other picture which I placed on the bottom shelf of the hall tree.


It has a purple iris, so I left the sewing drawer and it's purple hued flowers where they were.

 I love the design of these pictures, with the look of torn paper, and the old world elegance they have.  They remind me of mixed media projects I've seen.  So pretty!
I think the muted colors look more elegant.




What do you think?  Which vignette do you like best?

Sharing here:

Shabbylicious Friday @ Shabby Art Boutique