Easy Christmas Crafts/Gifts

Do you have Santa pictures? I didn't, but now I do.   Here is the "how to" for this simple project.

What you will need:
  • a canvas in size of choice (I used 8x10)
  • Mod Podge for photo transfers
  • artist paint brush
  • picture you want to transfer (I got mine from Graphics Fairy by searching for Old World Santa, and Angel)
  • Embellishments (of your choice)
  • small bowl of water
  1. First, print off the picture you want to transfer to the canvas.
  2. Cover the front of the picture with Mod Podge (for transfers), using your artist brush.
  3. Place it face down on the canvas, and rub the back to remove any bubbles in the picture.
  4. Leave to dry overnight.
  5. The next morning, wet your fingers and begin rubbing the back of the photo attached to the canvas.
  6. Do this until all the paper is removed, and your picture is visible on the front of the canvas.  
  7. Be sure to rub gently to keep from removing the image.
  8. Add embellishments around the canvas if desired, or frame it.


To embellish my canvas, I hot glued tinsel around the frame, and added a snow flake.


In this closeup, you can see spots where I rubbed too hard, but I decided those are holes in Santa's bag and garment.  After all, he's done this for a very long time, and holes have worn through.

I created the angel below, using the same process.  I cut apart some of the glitter snowflakes to make the tree.


 This is the Christmas decor in the master suite.

This project is a fun one, and can be done for any occasion or holiday.  You could even make one of your family.

One more project:

My daughter and I went shopping at Queen of Hearts in Buford, GA yesterday, and both got some awesome items.  (I'll share another item from there later on).  I had seen similar projects on YouTube, and wanted to make one.  I picked up a deer head ornament at the consignment shop, and a frame and gift bag from the Dollar Tree, and this cute project was created.

3D Deer Craft
What you will need:
Picture frame (5x7 from DT)
Gift bag or wrapping paper (your choice)
Scissors
Hot glue gun
Glue stick

First take your frame apart.  Cut paper to size for background, place on glass in frame, and reattach back of frame.
Using glue gun and glue, attach your ornament to the front and center of the glass.  That's it!!  I glued on tinsel pipe cleaners around the inside of the frame.  You can do that if you choose.






This would make a sweet gift for teachers or a friend.  You could use a snow flake, a trio of Christmas ornaments, anything you like, and make it your own creation.  I have $7.00 in this craft.


Sharing here:

Sunday’s at Home @ My Soulful Home 

Updating Old Tables & Lamps

I've been busy for a couple of days making some changes to some of my small tables and lamps.  Both are easy DIY projects that don't...