Thursday, February 9, 2017

Home Tour 2017

It's been a long time since I gave a home tour, so that's what I will do today.  The only area not shown is the stoop to the mud room, and the basement.  I don't have photos of those, but everything else is here.


Front of home

Rear of home
Bottom floor is all basement.

Entering from garage into mud room

Entering from the garage into the mud room/ laundry room

Front door

Entering the front door, to your right is the dining room.
Yes, I still have brass light fixtures.  We're not handy with things like that, so they remain for now.

Centerpiece: old wood tool tote filled with blue hydrangeas.

To the left is the powder room

Straight ahead, the hall tree

Looking directly into the family room from the front door



breakfast nook
(tablecloth, Pioneer Woman, Wal Mart)


breakfast nook with view into sunroom

I'm working with a cabinet maker to replace all the European hinges on the cabinets, and also update the handles.  These are so outdated.  I love the European hinges, but once they get some age on them, the doors won't stay completely closed.  I tried adjusting them.......FAIL!!


Kitchen
My kitchen is the one thing I would totally change, if I could.  I think my husband would have a stroke if I did.  He can NOT stand work going on in the house.  

Sun room



Master bedroom
Our bed is an oversized King, and it's next to impossible to find bedding like comforters, etc., thus, the ruffles.  They make it easier to make the bed. The quilt originally ended at the brown edge.  No way to make it look right!

Master bath
We have dual vanities.

Soaker tub, and a large shower.

Office/library/guest room/sewing room
My books are stored in the furniture to the left, the loveseat can be a twin bed.


Guest room, dressed for winter.
Guest bath
Might switch things out soon.

Screened porch


 Side porch

 Front yard, looking toward my daughter's home




Front entry

Stairs in garage to bonus room
Bonus room/my hideaway!!




The bonus room is located above the garage.  I often steal away up here for the quietness, or a nap.  It's a wonderful place to just relax!

Garage



Hope you have enjoyed this tour and that you'll come back soon.

Sharing here: