Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A Time to Plant

Ecclesiastes 3New International Version (NIV)

A Time for Everything

     There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,


In sixth grade, my teacher, Ms. Roe, loved this scripture. She would read it to us frequently.  That was back in about 1964, back before Bibles were removed from the schools, a time when we were allowed to say the Lord's Prayer, recite the pledge to the flag, including  the phrase, "one nation under God"!  That was a long time ago. But seeing where some of you are busy potting plants, I thought that might be a good project for me today.  Just a few small pots with dainty little blooms.  Just a hint at God's wonderful creation. My blog is about home decor, and I always keep it to that mostly, but today, I couldn't help but think of this scripture. There are times when life around us is just heartbreaking, through no fault of our own, but something that breaks us anyway.  I've had quite a few of those times very recently, and am trying to remember that there will come a time to laugh, a time to dance, a time to embrace.  Life isn't meant to always be perfect, and sometimes you just have to step back, take a really deep breath, and trudge on.  That's the time it is for me now.  I was at the Dr. for an appointment a few days ago, and when she asked how I was doing, I completely broke down and cried like a baby, that old ugly cry, the one where your heart is breaking in two, you're sniffling and feel really stupid.  The new medication has helped with the crying, but the reasons for my heartbreak still bear on my mind and soul.  I'm trying to remember that there is a time for silence, and a time to love, and most of all a time for prayer, prayer for our families, friends, our nation, just the whole world situation.  So with a hope for peace and silence, I think I will gather a few things to plant and let my mind and soul rest.







Sharing here: