Saturday, June 10, 2017

House Number & Plaque DIY

I was in Lowe's a few days ago and bought new house numbers. We took ours down when the house was last painted and had never put them back.

I almost bought a small white plaque to put the numbers on, but it wasn't what I wanted, so I didn't get it.

Since then, about 2 weeks, I've been scoping out the "wood" items in Good Will, and have almost settled for items, that I didn't really like but knew I could paint and work with them. Again, I waited.

Then I went for Sr. Day, and found what I wanted.

Look at the shape of this frame, and the way it is distressed. Pure perfection, except the burlap is dirty, much worse than it seems in the photo!

I didn't think but I could have just painted over the burlap, and had a white background without all the work of taking this apart.  It wasn't really meant to be taken apart, but I figured out a way to do it.

I got out some of my scraps of fabric and decided to use this piece.

I hung it right beside the front door.

I am very happy with the look of the sign.  Love the curves and think it turned out really well.  Cost of frame with burlap, 2.92 - 25% discount!!  The only other items I purchased was a candle holder in blue, a blue plate that you could put ribbons through, and a large plate, dated 1962, and a wallet,  $9.00.

Sharing Here:
Sunday’s at Home @ My Soulful Home 

Blog Archive

Sharing Shadymont Blog is taking a much needed break.  I may be back before too long, or not.  Just not feeling it right now, so thanks to a...