Keeping My Fall Décor at a Minimum

Bet you're saying, yeah, right, sure you are!  But I really am!  My husband isn't fond of the orange colors, so this year, I'm using lighter colors and way less than I normally would.  I wasn't ready to think FALL, but I got with the program and made my first trip down to the basement since returning home from the hospital, so I brought up a few things in a basket and set them out, and that's it.  

Here is all I've done, and all I plan to do. On the front door, I combined 2 wreaths for a different look.  I made the burlap one last year, I think, and the smaller grapevine wreath a couple years ago.  I just hung the grapevine wreath in front of the burlap.


On the adjacent door, just a scarecrow says, "Welcome".


Coming into the foyer, just pumpkins.  This lamp is one I painted with bronze paint on parts of the base, and found the coppery shade at Good Will.  The canvas is the first one I ever tried painting, so I keep it for sentimental reasons. The box is a Good Will find, and the milk glass dish was gifted to me by my Sister in Law.




 A lady at our church built these wood hangers, so I added browns and whites along with a white cross.  It has the verse, "But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord", engraved on the back.  This hangs in the foyer as well.
In the living room, I kept the mantel very light this year, only using matching pictures with fall colors, and beige vases with greenery.  



On the hearth, I placed the vase I found at Good Will yesterday, filled with rusts and whites, and tied with raffia.






The coffee table holds the three pumpkins I decorated for fall last year as a brand ambassador for Oriental Trading Co.





Dining Room:





 I plan to make pumpkins from the copper pot scrubbers.

Breakfast nook:



 Breakfast nook
The bar and that is all I've decorated.  When we get tired of it, I may just go back to the aqua until  time for the Christmas decor to come out and I may use my aqua theme again this year for Christmas.  I did it a few years ago and we enjoyed the difference.  It sure would make thing lots easier.  So we'll see.


Sunday’s at Home @ My Soulful Home 
Tuesdays at our home @ Our home away from home
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 

Popular Posts